Charitable Remainder Unitrust
How It Works
- You transfer cash, securities, or other appreciated property into a trust. The required minimum for this type of gift is $100,000.
- The trust pays a percentage of the value of its principal, which is valued annually, to you or beneficiaries you name.
- When the trust terminates, the remainder passes to the Harvard Varsity Club to be used as you have directed.
- You will need to contact your attorney and investment advisor to establish trust documents and establish trust funds.
- Receive income for life or a term of years in return for your gift.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution.
- Pay no upfront capital gains tax on appreciated assets you donate.
- You can make additional gifts to the trust as your circumstances allow for additional income and tax benefits.
Interested in learning more about the Harvard Varsity Club’s 1886 Society? Contact us.