The 1886 Society
The 1886 Society is open to anyone who makes the Harvard Varsity Club a beneficiary of a bequest or other planned gift. Members are invited to special events and receive periodic communications with news about the Varsity Club.
How to Join
The following types of commitments, confirmed in writing and subject to certain restrictions, qualify you for membership in the 1886 Society:
- a bequest provision in your will or revocable trust
- a life-income gift that names The Harvard Varsity Club as a remainder beneficiary, such as a charitable remainder trust, or a charitable gift annuity
- a charitable lead trust that provides income to The Harvard Varsity Club for a donor's lifetime or a term of years
- a gift or assignment of qualified retirement plan assets, such as an IRA, 401(k) or 403(b)
- a gift of life insurance
- certain other planned gifts
If you have already included The Harvard Varsity Club in a bequest or other planned gift, we hope you will let us know. Your willingness to be listed as a member of the Harvard Varsity Club’s 1886 Society encourages others to follow your example. We acknowledge and respect those who wish to remain anonymous, but we urge you to let us know of your plans on a confidential basis in any case. It supports the Varsity Club’s planning for the future. Of course, if you have not yet included the Varsity Club in your plans and you would like to explore the best options for you and your family, do not hesitate to contact us. We would be glad to assist you on a confidential basis and without any obligation.
Benefits of Membership
In an effort to preserve your legacy for the purpose it is intended each new member will receive a letter of thanks and appreciation from the Harvard Varsity Club. In addition, we hope you will allow us to recognize you as a member of the 1886 Society in our annual donor report. Your inclusion in this publication encourages others to join in this important effort.
Interested in learning more about the Harvard Varsity Club’s 1886 Society? Contact us.