Are you looking for an exciting journalism job with a purpose and the chance to do excellent work?
SurvivorNet is the leading media company in the country for cancer information, serving millions of people every month.
We are hiring experienced writers/reporters to join our team. This is a fantastic opportunity for journalists who are passionate about storytelling, human drama, and health topics. Our story palette touches on all aspects of culture as it relates to cancer, health and wellness. Our reporting is regularly picked-up by other major outlets and widely cited.
Our journalists tell stories about remarkable new developments in cancer and extraordinary people overcoming challenges. A growing number of people come to us for inspiration, hope, and practical guidance.
We are looking for journalists with excellent storytelling skills and the desire to create high-quality text stories on a daily basis.
One of the key skills we are looking for is the ability to quickly absorb, synthesize, and translate complex information for a wide audience. Thoughtful, conversational prose and extraordinary attention to facts and detail are a requirement. A large degree of empathy and an interest in medicine will also be very relevant in this role.
About us: SurvivorNet is the gold standard consumer resource for information about cancer. We are solving a very specific problem for millions of people and have the participation of some of the country's leading cancer centers, oncologists, and researchers. Our founding team has run major national news outlets on television and the internet as well as developed some of the most exciting new modalities in cancer treatment.
- You know how to report, write, and fact-check a story and have great clips to show for it.
- You love telling stories
- The ideal candidate has the ability, and desire, to translate complex medical concepts into easily digestible stories for regular people
- An excellent work ethic, the ability to assimilate information, and the maturity to handle a fast paced start-up environment with tight deadlines and a high volume of work
- Interest/experience in journalism, health, news, and storytelling is a plus.
- We place a high value on creativity, meticulousness, energy, and the ability to solve problems and invent solutions. In return, you'll get to be a key part of an exciting new company that's going to have a big impact.
If interested, reach out to Kayle Waterhouse at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach a cover letter.