Sales Development Representative
$40k – $55k • 0.01% – 0.05%
Who We Are
LeagueSide is the nation's leading youth sports marketing platform. Our mission is to make youth sports more accessible and we’re doing that by helping connect national and regional brands with tens of thousands of youth sports organizations across the country. By partnering with LeagueSide, companies like Post Cereal, Xfinity and Buffalo Wild Wings can quickly identify and sponsor youth sports organizations to reach their desired target audience in any community across the country. Our sponsorship campaigns are designed to drive brand awareness and engagement while also improving access to youth sports nationwide.
What you’ll do
As one of the founding members of our sales team at LeagueSide, you’ll help us grow the sponsorship side of our business. This is an important role for our growing team and will provide you with the opportunity to make a meaningful impact.
You’ll be responsible for identifying and generating sales opportunities through both inbound and outbound activities. We’re looking for hard-working, competitive, and self-motivated individuals who have succeeded in similar roles. This is the perfect opportunity for a motivated individual looking to get in on the ground floor of an exciting marketing-tech startup.
- Respond, engage and qualify inbound leads and inquiries.
- Create target prospects lists and penetrate key accounts.
- Build and iterate outbound sequences which lead to high conversion rates.
- Educate prospects about our platform and capabilities.
- Qualify and develop prospects leading to handoff to account executives
- Help refine the sales process and strategy to improve your effectiveness.
- Communicate cross-functionally with our campaign strategy, league operations, and product teams.
What You’ll Need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be excited by the idea of learning about brand marketing and sponsorships, youth sports, two-sided markets, and how to sell beyond ROI analysis. You’ll also need:
- A minimum of 1-3 years of selling experience. Brand marketing/sponsorship sales experience is strongly preferred.
- A strong sense of urgency and motivation to exceed aggressive sales goals.
- Experience with implementing new sales processes or procedures.
- To be flexible and coachable. We will be fine-tuning our sales approach as we go along, and we expect you to do the same.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sports sponsorship analysis is not required but is a plus.
Working at LeagueSide
We’re clearly biased, but you’ll have the opportunity to work with a world class group of people. We offer everyone on the team:
- Competitive compensation, which includes salary, commission, and stock options.
- Excellent health coverage.
- Flexibility for time off and remote work. We also offer paid leave for all new parents.
- All the tools needed to be successful and a remote-friendly environment to thrive in.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
LeagueSide provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.