Full-Stack Engineer (Remote)
At Yardzen, we believe people are at their best when they’re outside.
We have a simple promise: to help people envision the outdoor spaces of their dreams, all online. Then to match them with the right pros to bring their design to life. Since our launch in 2018 we’ve helped thousands of homeowners achieve their dream yards, make environmentally responsible decisions, boost their property values and get more out of their outdoor spaces.
In short order we’ve become the nation’s most active landscape design firm, using technology and a vast network of local landscape contractors to disrupt the $88 billion outdoor renovation industry. We’ve been written about by the New York Times, Sunset Magazine, House Beautiful, the Wall Street Journal and Forbes Magazine. And we’re just getting started.
As Full-Stack Engineer:
- You will be joining a fast-paced environment and have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, build user interfaces, integrate with third party systems, and interface with the other engineering teams.
- You will support our customers, the customer experience team, and designers with technical issues
- Help improve the stability of our product by identifying and issues, and designing and implementing improvements
- Build APIs to support our client dashboard and internal tools
- Build and manage cloud infrastructure via Google Cloud Services, Firebase, Fastly, and other providers
- Turn wireframes and mockups into beautiful, responsive, functional web-based user interfaces using React, TypeScript and Material UI
- You have 1-2 years experience in relevant field
- Have experience with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services
- Have intimate knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Ideally, you would have an understanding and a bit of hands-on experience with React and responsive web-based design (even if it’s just a small side project)
- You’re exceptionally detail-oriented. Your close friends and family cite this as one of your defining traits.
- You’re extremely organized. This is evidenced in all you do, from your inbox to your workspace.
- You have terrific written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable, kind, and effective in conversation with clients.
- You’re energized by working through a to-do list.
- You’re comfortable defining new processes and taking the reins in managing existing processes.
- You’re comfortable multi-tasking, self-sufficient at problem-solving, and capable of managing a diverse and often shifting set of responsibilities.
- You have past startup experience or are comfortable working in a fast-paced and ever-evolving startup environment.
- You believe in the benefits of outdoor living -- from wellness boosts to property value increases.
- You’re energized by the prospect of educating homeowners about sustainable options when it comes to their yards.
- You’re a real teammate and would be described by those who know you as a genuinely nice person. Culture is critical in the early days and we’re looking for goodness and grit.
What we offer:
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- One Medical Membership
- Health & Wellness Budget
- Equity in our company
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401 (k)
- Health & Wellness Budget
Sound good? Let’s talk. We're venture backed, value great design, natural light and fresh air. Come join our growing team and be a part of something big. We can't wait to hear from you. Apply Here
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Alanah Anderson '18 at firstname.lastname@example.org.