Private Equity Associate
Arctos Sports Associates
Job Location: Dallas, TX
Arctos Sports Partners is a private investment firm focused on acquiring passive minority stakes in professional sports franchises as well as providing thoughtful liquidity and structured growth capital solutions to sports franchise control owners and governors. The firm also makes select investments in growth-oriented companies in the sports, media and entertainment ecosystem. The management team has significant experience and expertise across the media, sports, technology, and alternative asset industries complemented by an extensive advisor network that serves as a thought/growth partner to sports franchises both pre-and-post investment.
At Arctos, we believe that character – as individuals and as a collective – defines our firm. Humility, respect, courage, resilience, and integrity are our hallmarks. Arctos is a U.S.-based firm with offices in New York and Dallas.
- Conduct extensive company and industry due diligence; prepare industry and competitive research
- Build detailed financial models to support potential investment opportunities
- Apply critical thinking and judgement in prioritizing investment opportunities
- Prepare materials for Investment Committee and other internal materials
- Participate in various meetings with management teams, financing sources, lawyers, and other third- party service providers
- Conduct desktop research for marketing, deal sourcing and fundraising
- Assist with and/or manage various firm projects and initiatives
Desired qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Proven record of initiative, leadership, and academic achievement
- Collaborative team player who shares Arctos’ values
- At least two years of investment banking, private equity, corporate development or management consulting experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record (GPA of 3.3+), preferably in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, or related field
- Strong financial modeling, research, and analytical skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to flex upwards and downwards to coordinate investment process and ensure all aspects of necessary work is done
- Sense of risk/reward trade-offs and an ability to display sound investment judgement
Arctos Sports Partners is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.