Growth Equity Analyst
Norwest Venture Partners
Location: Palo Alto, CA (may start remotely)
Start Date: Summer 2021
Description of Position
Norwest Venture Partners (www.nvp.com) is a Bay Area multi-stage investment firm with a 60 year history of top quartile returns. The Growth Equity team at Norwest focuses on working primarily with more mature businesses (often founder- and management-led and based outside the Bay Area) to help them accelerate growth and value. The team focuses across multiple sectors including technology, business services and consumer products.
Our Growth Equity team is seeking full-time Analysts to join in the Summer of 2021. Analysts will have an opportunity to participate in all parts of an investment lifecycle with responsibilities primarily segmented across 1) uncovering new investment ideas and opportunities, 2) proactive outreach to potential prospects including cold email and phone outreach 3) executing diligence and financial modeling, and 4) collaborating with portfolio companies on strategic initiatives. The program is structured to be two years in length, with an opportunity to scale to an Associate position if there is a mutual fit and interest.
- Currently investing from a $2.0B fund (AUM = $9.5B)
- Investment size of $20M-$150M of equity
- Flexible on deal types and structures from minority to control; levered and unlevered transactions
- ~15-person growth/private equity team that is continuing to grow year over year
- Interviews will take place by phone or remotely
What We Are Looking for in Candidates:
- Expected graduation in 2021 with a strong track record of academic, athletic, and / or work excellence
- An interest in being part of a dynamic and growing team
- Outgoing, mature personality with an ability to build new relationships
- Self-starter with an ability to work and learn independently considering potential remote working and training constraints
- Sincere interest in investing or business, as evidenced by prior working or extracurricular experience
- Educational or working experience in sales / deal origination preferred – a preliminary business case study will be administered as part of the interview process
- Educational or working experience in financial analysis and modelling preferred – a preliminary technical / financial assessment will be administered as part of the interview process
Resumes can be forwarded to Jon E. Kossow ’96 at email@example.com.
Please note: this is a full time position for graduating seniors