Summer Internship Program
WEX Inc. (NYSE: WEX) provides B2B payment processing and information management solutions. From our roots in fleet card payments beginning in 1983, we have expanded the scope of our business to a multi-channel provider of corporate payment solutions in fleet, virtual travel, and healthcare markets.
Our innovative technology, payment, and data solutions are working to enable our customers and business partners to focus on what they do best: achieve their business growth objectives.
WEX is more than just a corporate payment processing company and a job. We are an agile and innovative technology community, were our curious and collaborative people look to bring the future of commerce to the present.
The WEX Summer Internship offers a 12-week summer experience for students interested in Talent Acquisition, HR Operations and Analytics, Compensation and Benefits, and Talent Management.
Our internship program is designed to provide interns hands-on, practical experiences while working alongside our some of our industry’s smartest teams; as well as providing immediate value to their teams and our leaders.
As an intern, you will be challenged and offered the opportunity to make an impact across the business and be involved in the company’s most critical business decisions.
We are looking for ambitious and curious students, who are interested in growing professionally and developing their skills to become the next generation of leaders in Human Resources.
What you will be doing in this role:
Supporting our WEX culture, we are looking for an energetic individual who thrives on helping others. Your goal is to provide excellent customer service to WEX employees who have HR questions related to: Careers | Payroll/Time | Compensation | Benefits | Performance |Training | HR Technologies |Policies & Procedures.
When employees reach out with general HR questions about how to do something or where to find information, you’ll be the expert that they contact through a Google form, an email, a service desk ticket, or a telephone call. Your role will be to respond to WEX employees positively, enthusiastically, quickly, and accurately.
- The professional who respects and protects personal employee privacy and uses the utmost discretion when assisting WEX employees with confidential information.
- Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality of the HR service.
- Analytical and research questions to determine whether you can resolve them or they need to be escalated to the next level of support.
- A detailed and organized individual who will monitor escalated responses.
- A constant learner who proactively looks to increase your HR and WEX industry knowledge.
- Understand how your job is key to supporting WEX’s employees and being a role-model of WEX’s core values.
- Empower and educate WEX employees how to leverage the self-service tools available.
- Help develop and maintain HR job aids, policies and processes.
- Assist with projects as necessary. Projects would have a strong focus on employee Wellbeing to help engage, energize and promote our Wellbeing platform for all WEX employees.
You should also expect:
- You should expect to be collaborative and challenged as you work with our diverse, passionate and talented technology teams.
- Engage and interact with senior leadership
- Train and develop your skills in your area of work with some of the best experts in the payment industry
Who we are looking for
- At a minimum, you should be a rising junior or senior, masters-level student, in a degree/certificate-seeking accredited program
- We know there are first years out there, rising sophomores, with incredible talent. You too can apply and be ready to shine.
- Strong project management skills, including planning and execution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presenting information
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
Internship listings can be found here.
Questions about WEX? Contact Jim Morris '87