Summer Intern (multiple positions)
35,000 People die from gun violence in this country each year.
We can change that. Join Team Brady!
We are looking for Summer 2020 Interns -self-driven, creative, organized students- who want to be part of a team doing really important work for our communities and our country. Brady is located in Washington DC. (Union Station Metro Stop)
- June 8 - August 14*(end dates flexible)
- Monday - Thursday | 9:00-5:00 p.m. (Friday's Off)
- Week of June 29-July 5th off for the 4th of July Holiday
- Orientation June 8 & 9 (Held off-site at DC law firm)
*Flexibility to honor any commitments (academic requirements, family vacations, weddings, etc. )
You could be assigned to one team or working across multiple teams including:
- Human Resources
- General Business Operations
Highlights of Your Internship:
- Support a compelling mission.
- Work alongside Brady subject matter experts and thought leaders
- Be part of a cohort of likeminded Interns
- You'll be assigned an Intern Advocate to provide mentorship and help you set internship goals.
- Inclusion in Team Meetings, presentations, and calls
- Opportunity to collaborate across the organization
- Weekly Brown Bag Lunches on a variety of topics - urban violence, prison reform, etc.
- Social Media Training and the potential to write for the Brady Blog
- Social Activities
- Food Trucks/Union Station nearby
- BYOD environment
- Brady Swag
The Ideal Intern:
- Self-motivated, creative thinker.
- You are on top of it! You are dependable and accountable.
- You have a good sense of humor. You take your work seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously.
- You are open to different perspectives. The people that work at Brady come with a variety of experiences and stories that led them to this work ...gun owners, combat marines, etc.
- No matter if the ask is simple or challenging, you see the big picture and you are happy to contribute.
- Proudly represent an organization striving to prevent gun violence in our schools, on our streets and in our homes.
- Available Fulltime.
Details: Unpaid Internship | Metro Accessible-Union Station | Business Casual Environment | We'll work with you to earn college credit! | Applications are accepted on a rolling basis | Interns must be based in Washington DC |
Provide your résumé along with any supporting docs or links to demonstrate your talents and expertise.
Please include a cover letter telling us:
- Professional areas of interest
- Goals for the internship
- Why you'd like to work at Brady
We look forward to talking with you!
Questions? Email Sophia Young '19 at Syoung@bradyunited.org to learn more about Brady and the internship.
No organization has a more comprehensive and systematic approach to ending America’s gun violence epidemic. Brady believes that Americans, working together, are more powerful than any problem and we invite those who feel the same way to join us in our work. We know our multi-pronged approach of education, litigation, and legislation will ensure that one day, every American can live free from the fear of being shot. Join us in creating that America.
For more than 40 years, the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence has been the leading national voice in the prevention of gun violence with an unrivaled history of success. The Brady Bill, which was signed into law in 1993, remains the single most effective gun violence prevention policy in history, with Brady background checks blocking more than 3 million sales of guns to prohibited purchasers such as domestic abusers, convicted violent criminals, and people with dangerous mental illnesses. In the words of President Bill Clinton, “countless people are alive today” because of the work of Jim and Sarah Brady and the Brady Center.
A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our mission. All qualified applicants and current employees will receive consideration for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. The Brady Campaign & Center to Prevent Gun Violence is committed to advancing the principles of equal employment opportunity.