The Boston Cannons are seeking an energetic, dependable, and outgoing individual to represent our MLL Lacrosse team. Are you passionate about lacrosse? Do you have a flexible schedule and are lacrosse minded? Do you like meeting new people and attending events? Interested in working in a fun and challenging work environment with an emerging brand? How about getting paid to attend sporting events? Then this could be the perfect part-time job for you!
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Partnerships and Special Events
- Represent the Boston Cannons brand at retail stores, community events, bars & restaurants, nightclubs, etc.
- Manage team signature events.
- Execute events from start to finish -> coordinate with on-site contact(s), display banners, oversee prizes and giveaways, take event photos, set up and break down displays, tables, tents, etc.
- Professionally interact with partners and clients while maintaining a friendly, upbeat demeanor.
- Maintain knowledge of the Boston Cannons brand.
- Distribute flyers and promotional items, including at college campuses, athletic venues, and community events.
- Regular and timely attendance, plus weekly communication with Director of Corporate Partnerships and Special Events.
- Able to meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- You can’t be shy! You will need to engage crowds in public at events, concerts, and games.
- Provide recaps and pictures from every all events within 48 hours.
- Load and unload vehicles before and after events.
- Be a team player that is also able to react independently!
Prior promotional and or marketing experience a plus. Experience in dealing with large crowds, customer service and/or entertaining people. Applicants must be creative, tech-savvy, and have a passion for lacrosse/sports. Working hours and locations vary based on promotional/events schedule. This is a part-time entry-level position.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Must be creative and have excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong internal client service skills.
- Willingness to spend ample time outdoors.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Self-starter, highly motivated to excel with minimal supervision.
- Flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Ability to stand for long hours and lift up 50lbs or more.
- Must have valid drivers license, clean driving record and reliable transportation.
$12/hour-schedule varies by event
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour
Or create a TeamworkOnline account and search for “Cannons” to find the Brand Ambassador listing.
ABOUT THE CANNONS ORGANIZATION
The Boston Cannons are a Founding Member of Major League Lacrosse (MLL) and one of the most recognizable global lacrosse brands. Led by Rob Hale and his ownership team, the Cannons won the 2011 MLL Championship and have eleven playoff appearances. The Cannons hold a league record with five MLL MVP’s over nineteen seasons. Off the field, the Cannons provide a game day experience second to none and annually top the MLL in attendance and partnership engagement at their home field, Veterans Memorial Stadium in Quincy.
By continuing to innovate, create, and execute, the Cannons offer a dynamic culture, fostering opportunities for sustained growth and long-term success. In recent years, the Cannons organization has added key talent and grown its business operations, positioning itself for historic growth as a trendsetter in professional lacrosse. Additionally, the franchise has set an impressive example for charitable efforts across the league, with community programs focused on the growth of lacrosse as well as children's health and education.