Venture Fellow Program
Alumni Ventures Group
Information about Alumni Ventures Group
Alumni Ventures Group creates and manages alumni venture capital funds. Our funds are private, for profit, and not affiliated with their respective university. Our funds are based on a simple idea: alums do better investing together than alone. We have successful annual funds for alums at Dartmouth, Harvard, Yale, MIT, Brown, the University of Pennsylvania, Northwestern, the University of Wisconsin, Stanford, UC Berkeley, Cornell,Columbia, UCLA and USC —and continue to add new funds.
We offer investors a large, diverse venture portfolio where they back the companies of fellow alumni and co-invest alongside smart, professional VCs.
We believe we do better investing together than we can alone.
The Venture Fellow Program
The mission of the AVG Venture Fellow Program is to provide world-class professional development and hands-on learning opportunities in the venture capital industry, thereby serving as an onramp to careers in VC and entrepreneurship for hundreds of early- and mid-career professionals each year.
Through education, networking, and practical application, the program improves access to jobs in these hard-to-enter career fields with a particular focus on increasing opportunities for underrepresented groups, promoting gender and racial and ethnic diversity in the venture industry.
The Venture Fellow Program is highly competitive. Fellows are the brightest minds from the nation’s top universities. They are the next generation of entrepreneurs and venture capitalists. Fellows receive first-hand exposure to venture capital, access to numerous resources and a powerful network of industry professionals and peers, and a completely unique venture capital experience. This kind of opportunity does not exist elsewhere.
No experience in venture capital is required. There is no cost to apply and there is no cost to participate in the program.
What: A 12-month, structured educational experience.
First Six Months:
Fellows are the face of our funds. Fellows can expect to network and engage with successful alumni—Partners, CEOs, etc.—of industries relevant to VC, all while building networking skills and learning about raising capital. Specifically, fellows will:
- Introduce alumni to our funds and community, engaging in digital outreach and networking
- Answer questions about our model & investment strategy
- Facilitate introductions between investors, entrepreneurs, and our deal teams.
Second Six Months:
Fellows learn about investing capital, gaining hands-on experience. Fellows participate in activities such as the following:
- Research exciting new companies and technology
- Learn about and practice deal sourcing
- Practice diligence and engage in discussion of investment opportunities
When: The Venture Fellow program accepts applications throughout the year. For additional information about application deadlines and program start dates please see our Application Information Page.
Where: The Venture Fellow Program can be done 100% remotely and is designed to be flexible to work around your schedule.
We expect fellows to put in minimum of 5 hours per week. While participating in the program, we expect fellows to brand their LinkedIn profiles with information about their role at their fund. A high level of professionalism, reliability and responsibility is also expected.
The Venture Fellow Program strives to provide numerous benefits and valuable learning experiences for each fellow.
Learn Venture Capital
- Build your knowledge base with our online Venture Fellow Academy
- Practical learning experiences and skill building
- Unprecedented opportunities to practice venture
Build Your Network
- Access to a national peer network of rising stars of entrepreneurship
- Build relationships with our team of experienced investors
Transition Your Career to Venture Capital
- Add VC to to your resume
- Get your foot in the door in the industry, accessing a rare opportunity in the field
- Build high value references to support your career next steps
- Gain meaningful, impactful stories to tell in your next job interview
Deadline to Apply 10.15.19