Executive Assistant to the Dean
Boston University School of Public Health
The BU School of Public Health (SPH) is looking for a highly motivated, customer service focused, results-driven Executive Assistant to the Dean to play a key role in contributing to the Dean’s Office, operating at its highest level. The three goals of the Dean’s office functioning are to excel in organization, communication, and dependability. Reporting to the Director of Strategic Development (Chief of Staff), the Executive Assistant to the Dean is responsible for supporting the strategic and administrative initiatives of the Dean’s Office. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: managing the dean’s calendar, assisting the Dean’s Office with coordinating complex domestic and foreign travel, coordinating the details of events and activities at visit sites, managing and tracking reimbursements and reconciling accounts, managing the Dean’s Office area, managing finances for the Dean’s Office, and staffing the reception desk for the Dean’s Office. The Dean’s Office environment is rapid, dynamic, and fluid, requiring high levels of executive functioning, superb customer service, rapid processing, and outstanding organizational skills. Ideal candidate works well under pressure, likes a fast-paced environment, and has a positive attitude.
- Driven by our mission to improve the health of local, national and international populations, and deeply committed to igniting positive change in the world.
- Recognized worldwide for achievements in education, research and public health activism.
- Entrepreneurial and creative spirit in our pursuit of solutions, and innovative in our education.
- Our values drive what we do, and how we do it.
- Manage the Dean’s Office calendars of appointments and meetings ensuring priority scheduling. Create, prepare, and distribute materials for all meetings. Provide additional administrative support for special projects at the Dean’s discretion. Maintain Dean’s contacts in Salesforce and Outlook databases.
- Manage finances for Dean’s office.
- Arrange and manage travel of the Dean’s Office.
- Manage Dean’s Office Area. Prepare welcome packages for new hires and other materials.
- Assist the Dean as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle the demands of a fast-paced, multi-faceted, changing environment
- Salesforce experience preferred