IMC // Graduate Broker Trader
BROKER TRADING AT IMC TRADING: IMC is a high frequency trading firm. In addition to electronic trading, we have a strong trading presence in the broker market (trading on the floor and taking shows upstairs). We are looking for a recent graduate to join IMC as a broker trader. Here your decisions have direct impact on the company’s trading profits and there is constant opportunity to truly impact our trading strategies. We hire the best because responsibility and ownership starts on day one at IMC.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Trade a range of financial instruments,
- Work in a team of broker and screen traders to optimize trading
- Take calls from brokers and make markets throughout the day
- Manage risk of complex trading portfolios
- Build and maintain relationships with brokers
- Perform trades analysis to improve trading
YOUR FIRST SIX MONTHS:
You will participate in a global traineeship program focused on enhancing your knowledge of trading, programming, and mathematics. The training module consists of in-house courses and trading simulations developed and delivered by our experienced traders and engineers. Within two months, you will start trading on the desk where you will continue to learn from a mentor. At IMC, we foster a supportive environment allowing you the freedom to contribute and assume real responsibility early in your career.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- BS in Finance, Economics or related field of study
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Interest in financial markets is a must, but no prior knowledge or experience required
- Superior numerical, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving and competitive environment
- Experience with programming in Python is preferred
- Desire to work in a team environment is a must
- Eagerness to continuously learn
- A proactive and self-driven attitude
WHO WE ARE:
IMC Financial Markets is among the world’s leading proprietary trading firms, and a market maker in securities listed on exchanges across the globe. Our cutting-edge technology drives everything we do. High performance algorithms, smart strategies and collaborative teams are the core of our business.
Today, IMC Financial Markets is 500+ people working together to build software and trade financial products in our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, and Sydney. What does this mean for you? The chance to join a multi-national, multi-cultural team of exceptional individuals, focused on making IMC the world’s best trading firm.
Link to apply directly: https://imc.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/IMC_USA/job/Chicago/Graduate-Broker-Trader_REQ-00529
Contact: Mallory House | firstname.lastname@example.org