BNP Paribas Summer Internship
We have an excellent internship opportunity with the Global Emerging Market Equities team in our Boston office. This person will work closely with Portfolio Managers, Analysts and Product Specialists to support all levels of the investment process and marketing effort.
- Provide assistance to the Global Emerging Market (GEM) Equities Team members by performing fundamental equity analysis and investment related ad hoc projects while supporting the Team’s Product Specialist in preparing presentations and performance summaries for clients
- Responsibilities may include researching company/industry fundamentals, providing financial and market data, creating financial statement models, preparing and maintaining various marketing presentations and macro outlooks and researching whitepaper or webcast topics
- Attend meetings with company management teams and prepare summaries to be used in the investment process
- Attend daily morning GEM Equity Team meetings
Ideal Personal Profile:
- Analytical Skills: Identifies all aspects of a subject and examines them in a critical way to construct a broad point of view. Individual is driven by desire to know more about things, people or events
- Taking Initiative: Works proactively and independently, implementing work processes, ideas and solutions, including in situations where information is missing or wholly unusual
- Results-Driven: Seeks to achieve the objectives set within the defined time frame, by acting with tenacity, and by balancing costs and benefits. Continuously seeks optimum performance
- Client Focus: Does everything possible to achieve internal or external customer satisfaction by identifying the customers’ needs and providing them with the appropriate solution taking into account the company’s ethics and interests
- Communication skills: Expresses his / her messages, both orally and in writing, in an effective, organized way, which is appropriate to the audience being addressed
- Teamwork: Knows how to work in a team and/or across teams, acts bearing common interests and respect for fellow team members
Academic Background and Experience:
- Candidate should be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or other related field.
- Enthusiasm and curiosity about finance, economics and equity markets. Strong interest and/or experience in fundamental equity investing.
- Strong academic background and a voracious reading habit
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Work, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge of Bloomberg and/or Factset is a plus.
Interested candidates may contact Whitney Jiranek (Field Hockey & Ice Hockey, 1997) at email@example.com.