Diamond Cross Ranch (www.diamondcrossranch.com) in Jackson Hole, WY is looking for summer interns. The internship is a 12 week program (though the duration can be adjusted based on athletic schedule) and provides an opportunity to work on one of Jackson Hole's last remaining cattle and horse ranches.
The ideal candidates:
- Enjoy the outdoors. Are comfortable around horses and cattle.
- Have experience horseback riding (this is a plus but not required)
- Basic machinery skills are a plus (ability to help with basic repairs on tractors, etc)
- Excellent people skills and enjoy interacting with people at large events (typical events on the ranch include ~200 people joining us for BBQ & western music)
- Social media skills (willing to help with the ranch's instagram and take initiative on additional ecomm / social media marketing)
This is a paid internship that also includes room & board. Interested applicants can email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and short cover note (cover letters can be completely informal - looking to get a sense of passion for the outdoors... but not your grammatical skills).
About the Diamond Cross Ranch
The Diamond Cross Ranch is a historical working ranch. The ranch is owned by Grant and Jane Golliher, third generation Jackson Hole ranchers. Fred and Caroline Feuz, (Jane’s grandparents) arrived in Jackson in 1911 and were some of the first settlers in Jackson Hole. Jane’s parents, Walter and Betty, later formed the family's existing cattle ranch when they purchased additional land in the 1940's. The property is surrounded by the Teton National Forest and the Teton National Park' and the rich mountain soil produces exceptional pastures for our cattle and horses to graze on. The ranch features unobstructed views of the Grand Tetons. Each summer the ranch hosts weddings and corporate groups (that come for a BBQ and to watch Grant give a horse whispering demonstration).
We pride ourselves in the stunning natural beauty of our property and in providing world class service. I'd encourage you to read reviews on Facebook and the Knot.com to see what other guests have said about their experiences at the Diamond Cross.
The Knot: https://www.theknot.com/marketplace/diamond-cross-ranch-jackson-hole-wy-506188