Coaches Across Continents is a global leader in the sport for social impact movement. Our award-winning corporate partnerships and ‘Hat-Trick Initiative’ consist of comprehensive, year-round organizational development and sport for social impact education that focuses on local issues such as: female empowerment, including gender equity; conflict resolution, including social inclusion; health and wellness, including HIV/AIDS behavior change; child rights; vital life skills; and fun.
Our key to success is a unique Self-Directed Learning model that is based on our 'Chance to Choice' and ‘ASK for Choice’ curricula that educate people to identify, address, and solve problems specific to their communities. We mentor organizations and empower communities to question harmful traditional, cultural, and religious practices; responsibly choose their own futures; and create sustainable change.
Since 2008, we have worked in 41 countries with 367 implementing community partner programs. Overall, we have educated and certified 17,806 community coaches and directly impacted 2,380,399 young people.
Coaches Across Continents actively uses Global Citizens (volunteers) to help deliver our programming throughout the year. Global Citizens (volunteers) are able to work with CAC for 2 weeks up to several months. Over 40 Harvard alumni have worked with CAC in the past.
Global Citizen (volunteer) Application Process:
- To apply to be a Global Citizen please first read our Global Citizen Application Guide.
- Then please complete the Global Citizen Application Form.
- Once this form is complete please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. (protected email)
- After receiving your application, Coaches Across Continents (CAC) will setup a phone interview with you to discuss your application, experience, and the Global Citizen process.
- You will be notified whether your application has been successful.
- After acceptance into the program, you should look to secure funding (from OCS before Feb 7*, through fundraising, etc) and complete three pre-trip tasks - a background check, a signed waiver, and the online Respect in Sport certificate.
- After confirmation of your available dates CAC will assign you your international trip.
- Around 1-2 months before your trip, CAC will connect you with the staff member who will be running the programs you are going to participate in to discuss program content and logistics.
- You are ready to be a Global Citizen!
Please note that we recently changed the name of this initiative to Global Citizen rather than volunteer as we want anyone who applies to have a commitment to addressing global issues and be willing to learn international perspectives wherever they work.
Checkout our volunteer video here.
Please contact CAC to learn more:
*Apply for funding through the Office of Career Services' Non-Harvard International Program funding here. The deadline to apply for funding is Feb 7, 2018 @ 5 pm*